Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

brown days...




We have had an immense amount of rain in the last few weeks which has really installed the hibernation mood in me...

Even Griffin is content to hang out in the studio...usually he comes in for a smooch and hello and then he wants to go sit on the porch but I think the weather has him feeling cozy in here as well..
But alas! I still have to venture out to the hen house for eggs and to let the chickens out for a wander around or they get cranky and stop laying such beautiful eggs...On the way from the studio to the barnyard, I have been encountering these little armies of mushrooms...


They are miniscule...about 3 or 4 centimetres at the most and I figured I had better take a few portraits of them before the predicted cold weather comes along...

Out in the garden things are brown and droopy but have a beauty all their own while they die down for a long winter sleep...




I have this giant pine cone which sits in various places of honor depending where I feel it looks good and I took a close up of it today on the studio porch...

So, just looking at things from a different view today through all the raindrops and mist...it all looks good.

1 comment:

Jacquie said...

Absolutely splendid photograph!