Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

bird watching...

In my studio I have a large picture window where my work table sits. I purposely had this window put in for the view towards the garden, in the west for the sunsets and to watch the birds. Today is cold and damp and the bird feeding table is a busy place..

Mostly it is the Juncos that have come around...

My mom used to call them the executioner bird because of their black hoods...

The Towhee comes intermittently with his ruby red eyes and flicks of his tail each time he moves...



And every once in a while the Fox sparrow makes an attempt at having a small mouthful...
I can sit and watch them for hours and marvel at how those skinny little legs don't freeze up on them...
Bird watching brings me such joy and to think that they're not even aware of this...just having a snack and trying to get through another winter...

 Maybe come spring they'll find bits of this exploded bull rush around the place to line their nests with...


                       


 

No comments: