Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Sunday, June 17, 2012

He is...

He comes from strong Irish blood...
Has always been proud of the fact...
A handsome lad in his youth...
Married my mother and became my dad...
Taught me about faith...
How to tie a tie...
How to tell a good joke...
Has been both grandfather and father to my only girl...
We travelled across the ocean together...
But mostly, he taught me about love.
He is my dad.
Happy Fathers Day Da.

3 comments:

farmlady said...

This is so nice. A lovely tribute to a nice looking man who raised a very nice lady. My hats off to him.
Happy Father's Day to them all.

Suz said...

why this be just about the dearest thing ever written

Anonymous said...

so this is where some of you came from. truly lovely.

sherry