Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Song for Friday...bad luck

Usually when I go into the city I have a pretty good time.
Thursday I had to go to the dentist for a cleaning
and I was planning on a bit of thrift shopping then home.
All went well in the dentist until...
I went out on the street and my vehicle was GONE!
Disappeared into thin air...
Until I saw the fine print sign ABOVE the 2 hour parking sign
that read...
TOW AWAY ZONE
between 4 and 6 p.m!
Now if I had got into the dentist chair at 3 (which was when my appointment was for)
and not 3:15 (because they were running behind)
I wouldn't have come out to my vehicle at 4:07.
Yup, 7 minutes late cost me $107 for the tow
PLUS another $30 for the actual PARKING TICKET!
SWINES!
Anyway, when I got there I remained calm and collected
knowing that the girl behind the counter was only doing her job
and that she probably gets some pretty rough language thrown at her
on a daily basis. Don't get me wrong, I was upset but like the
saying goes...
Shit Happens.
So today I dedicate this song to the towing company.
A good old Steve Goodman song .
Have a great weekend all!
(keep an eye on the time!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=389Rk1jzPMk
 
 

3 comments:

Marylinn Kelly said...

I'm sorry for a bad luck day, glad you found the proper sound track (of course). Our felted elf, Frode, now often rides on the back of a truly scruffy vintage (read: bald) sandwich-stealing wolf/dog we named Lobo. Should anyone ask, the elves make excellent company, going about their elfin business with quiet focus and great good humor. xo

the wild magnolia said...

hahahaha.

farmlady said...

Swines indeed! That was an expensive trip to the dentist.
Love the song.Very apropos.