Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Friday, February 7, 2014

Song for Friday...for the sun seekers!

(Mexico 2012)

Seems like everywhere I go people are flying off to hot and sunny places.
My daughter and son in law are in Panama...
the dentist is off to Maui...
her receptionist is off to Costa Rica...
the hygienist is off to Mexico...
a customer in the flower shop is off to The Grand Caymans and Cuba...
a friend from yoga is off to Joshua Tree...
Me? I'm here sitting in the sun but its bitter cold outside.
No plans for us to go anywhere right now but I'm fine by the fire.
So here's one for all you sun seekers...
Have a great trip!
Have a great weekend all!

5 comments:

Mairéad said...

Thanks for that much welcome sighting of the sun.
I'd love to fly south now and feel the rays of the sun.
We're being battered by yet another Atlantic storm - Ruth this time. Seems to be no end to them.

Anonymous said...

I'm off to the South of France in June with the kids....can't wait...first holiday abroad in ages!! Every now and again you need to get away from it all to unwind and enjoy life!!!

Unknown said...

Good one! I like the way he ended "Fly away with me," with, "and don't tell your mama! Funny. I'm content, too, to be at home near a roaring fire. But I hope it starts to warm up above freezing real soon! Beautiful photo, BTW.

Cobalt Violet said...

It's been weird weather wise here. Yesterday I was teaching in a room that was 80 degrees … today's cloudy … but really it's about need water. It's so dry! We need rain here in Southern California. On a water watch now.

Cobalt Violet said...

Oh, and I love that song. My dad always had a million Sinatra albums.