Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Friday, March 28, 2014

A song for Friday...a little something from the south



A few weekends ago I went to a 90 year olds birthday party and during
a slide show of her life they played a song by this band.
After I researched them a bit I became obsessed with quite a few of their songs.
After much deliberation I wanted to share this one with you.
The lyrics are akin with a Cowboy Junkies song called
'Misguided Angel'.
The tale of a daughter trying to reassure her mother of her 
undying love for the one her mother disapproves of.
So here for you, out of North Carolina,
Mount Moriah.
Have a listen here...
Have a great weekend y'all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You've introduced my to yet another new group of musicians. I really like them. As I listened to the video, I quickly grabbed my ukulele, found the key, and played along. What fun!! Thanks so much for a great start to the day! Smiles right back at you. Have a great day and weekend!