Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Monday, November 9, 2009

site of the day...

Open this door to see more..
My favorite site of the day has become my favorite sites of the weekend and perhaps one of all time...I came across this womans blog via two other blogs and feel I must share with you...she has captured medieval, fantastical, old world, gypsies and everything else that is deep in the moss and woodsy...at first I was reminded of Arthur Rackum but then the further I dwelled I saw a unique style that could only be her own...spend some time in her world and I guaruntee you will be wisked away to another place and time but as she says "...that's also right here and now". Her blog is lovely too and she also has a few shops on etsy to enable you to have some of her world in yours...look through this door...  and here for her blog

Anyway, another favorite thing, I found at the Sally Ann on the weekend...this sweet little book which I couldn't resist to add to my collection...

Such sweet little paintings...a treasure on my shelf..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you on that blog. It is just so cool. I wish I could have the literary prowess that she holds in her hands. And what a gift she has with wood. It makes me humble each time I stumble upon her weird and wonderful life!!