Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Book review...


Have you ever wanted to run away and join the circus?
This book is a tale from another time. Sara Gruen is a born storyteller and proof of that is this short but intense and moving book. Her writing will take you back to the days when the circus was the biggest thing that came to town.


The story also takes you to the darker side of the lives of the people who were part of this world.


After reading it I had to go and find out more about the circus life of the '20's and '30's and although Sara's writing took me there in my minds eye, I still was intrigued and had to see more...


I won't give away any of the story ,but if you want to escape this here and now and twine yourself up in the suspense and messy, personal politics of the world inside the Big Top, I recommend you take a chance...


 

No comments: