Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Dr. Feelgood...

Some days at work are shite.
Plain and simple.
Just the nature of the universe, the alighnment of the stars, waking up on the wrong side of the bed...
or whatever else you might believe. 
So when I get home there are things that make me feel better no matter what kind of day its been.
A massive mug of tea.
A good dose of dark chocolate.
The smell of lilacs from my garden.
Walking into my garden.
Seeing all the little seedlings growing strong.
These guys!
How could this mug not make you smile?

And some good music...my latest favorite...
an old Judy Collins song about a girl and a cowboy..."Someday Soon"

4 comments:

the wild magnolia said...

You hit the nail on the head dearie! The things that really matter...home, a mug of tea, dark chocolate, garden flowers and veggies, lilacs, a garden stroll, our "hooman's", and the black haired baby with the cold black nose. Close out with "Someday Soon"....and peace...blessed.

Linda said...

I'll take some of that tea and chocolate after a days work too.

Tatersmama said...

That sounds like the perfect end to a work day! And who could resist that gorgeous face looking at you? It would make all your cares melt away... especially while eating dark chocolate! Simple things equal simples pleasures, don't they?
Man, I LOVE Judy Collins! Which shows my age I guess. lol!

farmlady said...

Oh Kerry, this is such a wonderful post! I could have written it myself. Each photo spoke directly to me.
The photos are beautiful. You are such a great photographer.
Your "focus" is impeccable.
Gratitude is a huge factor to living "the good life"..., and dogs.
(Yes Tatersmama. Judy Collins does show our age, but she is the best.)