Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Thursday, November 4, 2010

song for Friday...did you ever want to run away?...

For a few years, I hung around with a circus of sorts.
The Flying Karamazov Brothers.
My boyfriend, at the time, was the roadie-juggler stand in-Karamazov cousin and was on the road with them for years.
 I was lucky enough to be part of this world and even went on the road with them for a bit.
They were jugglers, primarily but in their 'off' time they did a travelling show which included clowns, fire eaters, gymnasts, sword swallower's, trapeze artists and many more forms of circus performers.
Wednesday night on PBS they have begun a series all about the circus (funny enough called "Circus") and it's brought back some great memories of these short, but incredible times.
I still juggle once and a while and always dream of being a trapeze artist or a tight rope walker.
I did some circus vaulting on horses as a kid but never big enough to work the Big Top.
This show has left me feeling nostalgic after watching the first part of this series, so I thought I'd post this beautiful song in honor of the circus world.
Have a great weekend all...go make some popcorn and juggle a few balls around!!

2 comments:

Cobalt Violet said...

Wow, beautiful and haunting. I can't believe that trapeze artist ... so amazing and graceful!

Have a wonderful weekend Kerry!

Unknown said...

beautiful.
i love hearing people's stories...