Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Solstice...

Yesterday my friend Norene came by to wish me a Happy Winter Solstice...
She came bearing a few sweet gifts as well.
In an envelope was this great old vintage postcard...
As well as these lovely tags she had printed up...
A few different ways of Yuletide greetings, which I immediately started putting up to add to my garland...
What a great idea!
The other gift she brought was this....
A 1961 edition of the famous book, made more famous by the movie 'Julie and Julia'.
If you haven't seen it yet and you love food, fashion, blogging and a laugh, you simply must check it out.
I love the beginning of the foreword...
...and the dedication...
As for the recipes...they are truly French!
I've actually made this and it's DELICIOUS!
Now you can't have a French cook book without this...
Or how about dessert for 8?
...as well as some fairly specialized main courses...
As I read the recipes, I can't help but repeat them in Julia Child's sing-songy high pitched voice...
So in the spirit of the great chef...



No comments: