Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lucky me!

Photographs have a way of preserving life.
How incredible is it that we can bring back a time, a place, a person,
just by looking at a piece of paper or a screen!
  These are some of the myriad of images that dance through my dreams, both sleeping and while awake.
They remind me of a place where my heart lies.
Of a journey with my dad and a visit to be with my daughter.
Luck has kissed me more than once.
This was one of those times.
 During these days of chaos and devastation all around the world,
it's the deep
and meaningful,
priceless memories of times and places,
with people I love, that bring me comfort.
  Gives me a sense of peace.
  Reminding me how blessed I am.

Happy St Patrick's Day, all.

Sláinte!

  "To Your Health!" 

2 comments:

gz said...

Slainte! Iechyd Da!

farmlady said...

There it is.... the beautiful angel from Royal Roads Castle. I think.
Oh to visit Ireland. You are so lucky... and to do this with your dad. What a gift!
What wonderful memories and photos.