Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Monday, December 12, 2011

movie review....

Yesterday we took my nephew to the movies for his 14th birthday.
What we saw was a movie full of magic, intriguing characters,
amazing scenery, beautiful costumes and colours,
and a fantastic storyline steeped in history and mystery.
Plus it was all in 3D!
If you want to escape for a few hours to the wonderful world 
of Martin Scorsese, I urge you to see this film...
Adventure, old books, Paris, train stations, clocks, film history, magicians...it's all here...

3 comments:

Stone Angel said...

This movie is based on a really wonderful book that I gave to a little 10 year old friend of mine a couple of years ago. She and I are planning to see the film this week. If you can find the book it is worth the price. Your nephew would like it, I think.

Anonymous said...

my daughter and i went a couple weeks ago (i see a movie about once a year, so what a delight!)...this movie was captivating, wasn't it! the settings and the interminglings were wonderful. and i am glad to hear the book is good, i will track it down.

Cobalt Violet said...

I can't wait! I haven't see a movie (out) in ages ... well, at except the Italian Film Festival, I saw 2.