Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Friday, January 25, 2013

Song for Friday...for the young and old

Lady Gaga has been in the spotlight for quite some time now and frankly
I didn't get her. My niece was crazy over her and has seen her twice now
at extremely high ticket prices.
Then one night I was channel surfing on t.v and there she was
with Tony Bennett. I was mesmerised.
She had me at the first snap of her fingers.
I'm not saying that I'm a big fan now but let's just say
my views on her as a singer changed when I watched this duet.
Shes got a fantastic voice for this genre of singing.
Something old
Something new
Something borrowed ... and yes!
Something BLUE!
Have a great weekend all!

4 comments:

Suz said...

oh I agree...I saw that duet
it was pure magic
...but she is ...

Stone Angel said...

Great video. Tony B. is such an amazing "old Dude". I love his duets with KD Lang too! Thanks for alerting us to this. Gaga is amazing too.

farmlady said...

This is a GREAT rendition of this song. I LOVE IT!
They should do an album together.

Lady Gaga is really good!
Love her little changes in the lyrics... very creative... and she has a great voice.
Made me laugh... It's a feel good song.

Cobalt Violet said...

Apparently she played piano and sang in a jazz club for a while. Her Christmas special a year ago was pretty impressive and Tony guested on that too. She's pretty dang talented.