Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Say hello to my little friend...

She hit the window on a sunny autumn afternoon...
Tom held her in his dark warm hands for a while and then passed her on to me...
I kept her in the dark warmth as well and then slowly let her see the light...
I sat with her in the late day sun and she sat curiously looking around..
Getting her bearings.
Seemingly comfortable on my rusty red sweater.
It took about an hour or so before she decided it was time to go...
Off she flew onto a tree branch near the house and then....gone.
Her view on what had happened perhaps a bit different than ours
but perhaps a bit of bliss in the awkward brief bond we shared this glorious afternoon.
Cheers little Kinglet...happy flying!
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh...so sweet! What precious moments to spend with a little tiny bird. That's so cool.

Suz said...

Is it a kinglet?
I have had this happen too...but neverheld it so long...rather kept it under a bushel basket or box until it calmed down...
I love your red sweater
it goes with your loving heart