Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Friday, October 11, 2013

Song for Friday...odd fellows...

 
I was a big fan of Edie Brickell when she first came out but she
kind of fell off the radar for a while.
She has been known also as Mrs Paul Simon and had
a brief appearance in "Born on the 4th of July"
as a folk singer in a coffee house.
Steve Martin on the other hand has been in the limelight
for quite some time...
 but who knew that these two
would become a duet and put out an album together?!
So here's a wee taste of this odd couple but a great one...
enjoy...have a great weekend all!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this Friday song! It's a treat to see the video. I have this album and LOVE it. They have a great sound!

Suz said...

oh that was great
I never knew SM was so musically inclined
I did enjoy his singing n the movie
with Goldie Hawn....tura lura lura
sp?

farmlady said...

Well, I'll be darn. I had no idea that Steve Martin was musical. No idea at all. This was fun. I watched all the Letterman videos and other songs, the interviews of he and Edie Brickell... who I didn't know was married to Paul Simon and who I didn't remember in Born on the Forth of July (one of my all time favorite movies.)
Where have I been?
Sure is good music. Love her voice.
The songs made a good day better.
Thanks.