Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Saturday, November 14, 2015

From here...


From here I wish I could reach across an ocean and hold my daughter tight.
Although my daughter has lived far from home for many years (in Paris now)
I still am a mother who loves and wishes she could protect her.
It's the same from the day she was born.
It will always be that way.
What a deep breath I took after she let me know that they are OK.
I am not even going to try to make sense of any of this madness.
I am angry and so so sad about this mess.
As the singer Danny Michele says..."It's a sad and beautiful world."
Through the news we will hear many tragic tales but
I know there will be many more tales of love and beauty.
The light in Paris will be dim for now but will never be extinguished.
It is still a city I love and the magic of it's people and my memories
of being there will remain as bright as always.
I am sending all my love and light to the people of France 
and to all who have been sadly touched by this madness.



6 comments:

URBAN GYPSY said...

oh such a lovely post
Gillian in sooke near the river

farmlady said...

Thank you for this. It's a beautiful pictorial tribute to France and we are so glad that your daughter and her husband are OK. Sometimes it's hard to reach out and hug your children.

Marigold Jam said...

Lovely post and I am so glad that your daughter is OK. I don't think we ever realise how that link can never be broken between us and our children when we first hold that baby in our arms do we? (As you may know if you read my blog my daughter is far away just now and I wake every morning wondering how she is). The madness is horrible as we have no idea where will be targeted next and there is nothing we can do to prepare ourselves. Yet there is beauty and love in the world and we must believe it will prevail.

kjsutcliffe said...

Well said - glad they are safe. Hugs to you too.

Marigold Jam said...

Thanks for visiting my blog - my daughter (the Wanderer) is currently trekking in the Himalayas so presumably safe from the Paris type of danger but then again...! She lives inb London so will she be better off when she comes home?! She spent 2 years travelling in Australia and it was the occasional hug that I missed like you!

Unknown said...

WONDERFUL POST. So glad your daughter and husband are safe! Our prayers are much needed.