Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

The sweetest gift....

I was outside on this glorious spring day catching up on some weeding, 
listening to the radio on my phone
when I spotted this little Orange crowned warbler sitting in a plum
tree by the pond. He sat there for quite awhile so I approached with
slow movement and he just sat there...
He allowed me so close, within inches for several minutes...
I'm not sure why he was so unafraid...
I was even able to stroke his tiny olive back.
Georgia (my cat) was luckily unaware of this little visit as she plopped down at my feet.
The tiny bird had an eye on her though
A magic moment between myself and nature
What a precious gift I was given today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope she wasn't sick. We're always warned that birds let us come so close only if they are ill. Half of me believes while the other half believes they know who to trust. :)

Hello to Georgia!

Cobalt Violet said...

beautiful birdie! Great shots! we cut down our ficus trees in the courtyard (messing with the foundation) which used to get some birds but for some reason they don't like they ornamental pears ... I miss the birds out my window!

kjsutcliffe said...

Wow - amazing that she let you get that close - she didn't look ill in your photos, wonder if she just had no reason to fear human contact - lovely.