Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Monday, March 13, 2017

'Little' Alexander The Great!

(FYI this is a surprise for Brenda so anyone who knows her...SSHHHHHHH!!)
Hello, it is I, Alexander The Great. 
(the dog that is.)
I am a Great Pyrenees.
(note the word 'Great'?)
This is a picture of myself and my humans Brenda and Gerard...they are pretty 'Great' too!
...and since Gerard is a romantic and loves me and Brenda so much, 
he asked a lady named Kerry to make a wee likeness of me.
From what I have heard, Brenda and Gerard have many fine pieces of art
including several other wooly sculptures by Kerry.
So have a look at the likeness of me...
It's Mini Me!!
Pretty good hey?!
Looks like Kerry added all my tiny details...the bit of smokey colour on my muzzle...
...that little pink spot on top of my muzzle and the pink spots below my eyes...
...she really captured that big fluffy tail too!...
...she even gave me a sweet little faux leather collar with brass buckles...
Don't mind me saying this, but it would be pretty hard to capture my...ahem...'Great' looks
but by golly Kerry really did go all out on this one indeed!
 She even included some of my real fur that Gerard stashed away after grooming one day!
I almost wish I could get a hold of Mini Me for a play date but I think my...ahem...'Great' and Powerful jaws would do some damage!
I imagine Mini Me will miss sitting in the window looking out at the oak trees...
I've heard he's had some...ahem...'Great' conversations with this odd little felted Chess man.
He tells me his lineage is Nordic and is a replica of his ancestors from the Bronze Age...
I told him that I came from...ahem...'Great' lineage as well...he says he's heard of me indeed.
He asks me where my travels will take Mini Me...
I tell him that Kerry says Mini Me will go to live on the beautiful and rugged West Coast of Vancouver Island
in a small hamlet called Shirley.
It's a land of  big, tall trees and the wild Pacific ocean nearby.
Oh and a great cafe called 'Shirley Delicious'! Best sausage rolls around I hear!!
So thats the story of 'Little' Alexander The Great's creation.
Maybe one day you'll see a picture Mini Me in Shirley,
but for now I bid you a fond Adieu and hope you have a...ahem...'GREAT' day!!
 

Post Script...
Here's a photo I just received from my customer!





7 comments:

Suz said...

wow you're good but I knew that already
must be some irish blood in you lass
blessed you are
I know they were thrilled

Acornmoon said...

Amazing work Kerry

Unknown said...

Beautiful Kerry! How are you? It's been so long. Your work is so amazing. b

Kerry O'Gorman said...

BRENDA!! how are you??? please send me an email...farmlass3@gmail.com would love to catch up!!

Anonymous said...

Here's how good you are: JC thought your creation was a live pup. :)

Terriea Kwong said...

It's so cute so sweet. I feel the happiness.
Kerry, last time you ask about my workshop in Comox. Here's the details fixed. If you go to read my blog you'll find details. Blog http://terriekwong.blogspot.hk/2017/03/want-to-learn-ecoprinting-and-wool.html

Tatersmama said...

What a wonderful post! You do such amazing work, and I can only dream of having my fur-babies immortalized like Alexander!! Just WOW!