Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Monday, January 15, 2018

What's happenin'...

Well hello 2018!
Back in the studio now that the hoopla has died down and the creative juices are flowing again.
I love this time of year...full of promise, new hopes and ideas kick in.
I'm trying this year to introduce a few more new kits so 
those who've never tried needle felting can give it a go.
I've had 3 in my shop for a while now, Owl, Fox and Man in the Moon
and I'll be introducing a Fawn and a Raccoon in the very near future.
Here's some sample photos of whats to be coming soon...
It's a very time consuming process to take step by step photos, load them onto the printing website,
write up the instructions for each step, lay it all out appropriately, check all the spelling, grammar etc.
and then wait for two weeks for things to come back from the printer and get the samples ready to take to the shops. By the way, the kits are currently available at Knotty by Nature and Amelia Lee Boutique in Victoria, BC (as well as on my website here).
As always, I like to think ahead to other projects so I'll keep y'all posted on that later.
I've been on some lovely walks lately...early morning down on the flats with the geese...
Jed looking quite sporty!
 Went up Island to ramble with my buddy and her pup...
Jed ever hopeful for a scrap of sausage roll to drop!
Ended up at the Tea Farm where I was smitten with the colours on this building!
 Lots of pretty frost around these days...
 Busy beavers down by the marsh...
One of my precious finds in the bush was this raven head.
Now waiting in the freezer to be cleaned up!
Also found in the bush, this gorgeous door handle and plate...
 Georgia...well...she's just grand!!
Hope everyone is happy and healthy and that the fresh, New year is taking you off
on wonderful journey's! 

2 comments:

gz said...

What a marvellous walk.
Georgia...almost looking like a felted cat!!

Cobalt Violet said...

Your animals are so cute. I’m tempted to try but I’m always feeling like I need to get back to painting with I’ve been procrastinating on, for some reason.
How does one clean up a skull? My dad found a scull of something on their property but didn’t know how to treat it and it didn’t go well apparently though I can’t remember what happened. Might have blocked it out!

Hope you are well!
Xox