Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Travellin' felter...





I was in the Sally Ann the other day and found this sweet little, vintage sewing box.

I looked at it a few times and then I thought...that would be perfect for portable needle felting!..


I do use a big vintage suitcase for most of my roving....
...but this one would be great for overnighters and long road trips. It is about 8 X 8 square and fits just enough stuff to keep me going on a project. Tom and I went to Vancouver for a few days to see a concert and I had this idea for my next sculpture running around in my head and REALLY wanted to get going on it...With ferry lineups and the hour and a half trip across, I had time to work on Mr Finn O'Malley...
Oh look! There he is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Recently I had a rumble around my wife's Aunties attic....she must have a suitcase from each decade since the thirties....never to be thrown away..."You'd never know when someone would need a suitcase"..she said.