Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Thursday, March 18, 2010

I humbly accept!



Lucinda over at Cobalt Violet just surprised me today with a lovely Sunshine award!
She has the most amazing photography and paintings that she does and I am quite flattered by this.
Thank you so much. I really enjoy your chronicles as well.

There are only 3 things that I remember winning in my life...
#1 was  in sixth grade; I won a guitar shaped cake complete with shoestring black licorice strings and jelly bean machine heads. I was so excited to show my mom that as I was running home with it, I dropped it FACE DOWN on the road!
#2 was when my sister and I went to some Beach Boys imitators concert and I won the door prize of about $100 worth of indoor tanning products...yuck!
#3 was when I bought a scratch and win lottery ticket and gave it to my daughter who proceeded to win a bright yellow Sony Walkman. Technically she won it but because I bought the ticket, I shared in the glory.

I am posting "the rules", but really, don't feel obliged...there really are no "rules" in life. It's all fun and games...
1. Put the logo on your blog or within your post.
2. Pass the award to 12 bloggers.
3. Link to the nominees within your post.
4. Let them know they received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to the person whom you received this award.


Here are some who have inspired me...

Brenda  for inspiring me to start a blog..
Beth for her beautiful photography and graphics
Ann Marie who is another superb artist
Susan and her incredible techniques in picture taking
la porte rouge another simply beautiful blog
farmlady for always leaving such sweet comments and stories of her circus of critters
Jenny and her Cobble Hill chronicles of delicious duckery
Dawn for all her generosity
And last but not least Paudie for his wonderful ramblings and a link to my ancestory.

Part of this award is to tell 7 things about yourself so here goes...

 My church is the outdoors and my daily walks with my dog, Griffin
I love to dance and sing
I am a CBC radio junkie
I have an extremely keen sense of smell
I am obsessed with my ancestory
I love to cook and eat
I  'talk' to the wild birds with my whistling (who knows what I'm really saying to them!)

So cheers to you all once again out there in blogland for making this world smaller and more interesting

2 comments:

beth said...

thank you so much for letting my blog be one that makes you happy !

this is a great award and I'll be totally honest with you...I'm horrible with these things !

I will try really hard to follow through on the instructions within a week or two...but if I fail, please don't hate me, K ?

and by all means, if you want to take my name off and stomp all over me and add someone else instead you can....I'll understand.

the last time I did one of these, I waited and waited and by the time I actually did a post, it was 4 received awards in one because months had gone by...see, I told you I am terrible with these :(

anyhow...maybe spring will light some fire under me and I'll stay on top of this....but if I don't, just know that it's because i'm outside playing...in the mud....with sticks.....and running around splashing in puddles :)

thanks again for liking me !

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi sweet Kerry, thank you so very much!!! I'm am truly honored and humbly accept as well ~ I love blogging so much and love even more the precious friends I've made along the way!! Thank you again and have a wonderful, restful Sunday Kerry ~ hugs and love, Dawn