Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Friday, May 14, 2010

Song for Friday....sweet harmony

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/46/127439236_a707a638fc.jpg


Last Thursday, Tom and I went into Victoria to see The Wailin' Jenny's at The Alex Goolden Performance Hall. It used to be an Anglican church and is EVER so beautiful inside with it's massive pipe organ and stained glass windows...the upper balcony is fronted by a gorgeous wrought iron railing...
The picture above is Sara Harmer playing since it was the only picture I could find of the interior.
I didn't take my camera with me but will definitely dedicate a future post on this amazing building.
Anyway what can I say about The Wailin' Jenny's... exquisite musicians, sweet harmonies and pretty to look at. The last song was performed acapella without microphones and was like the voice of angels in this sacred place...and it was a lovely Irish ballad...here it is to soothe you into the weekend.

2 comments:

Tatersmama said...

I've been meaning to stop by and thank you for your comment on my blog last month... I'm so sorry that it's taken me so long, but the jet lag is taking forever to leave!

Ahhh...what beautiful, beautiful voices these girls have, and what a lovely old church! I'll bet that the acoustics are great, and'm glad that you had a chance to enjoy yourself in such a lovely setting!
I'm off to read back posts now... so let me make a cuppa, and I'll be right back! :)

Sherry O'Keefe said...

i find myself wanting to respond to each of your posts. i so enjoy what you share and the way you share it. love the photo of the balcony. and the tea and the chocolate. maybe i'll take a cuppa photos from my kitchen and share them on my blog. i have a tea pot made for comfort.....(and old red coffee pot that percolates)

enjoyed!

sherry