Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Perfection...

Sometimes I find a creature on a path who has died mysteriously.
I have a deep interest in studying such things.
To be able to hold, touch, examine something which would otherwise be unattainable, is a gift to me.
For example this barn swallow that Tom told me about a few days ago.
Today on my walk to the pond I found it...just lying there...perfect.
All that was missing were it's eyes.
I knew this would be a rare opportunity to see such beauty up close.
Even in the quietness of death there can be beauty and knowledge.

3 comments:

Sherry O'Keefe said...

what great photos. these remind me of the etchings in natural history museums, what beauty!

you have a streak of scientist in you. a sense of wonderment.

farmlady said...

Isn't nature a masterpiece?
Beautiful photos, just beautiful...

Jacquie said...

When my finches pass on from old age, I too have a close look. I especially love their feet. They look so tender, like a baby's lingering grasp, after you've let go.