Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Monday, October 1, 2012

Inspiration...

Aahh! Fresh wool!
Last week when I was in the city I stopped by one of my favorite shops.
'Knotty by Nature' is a fantastic place for fibre.
I wrote a post on it here a while back and since then, the shop has
moved from the city center to a quiet neighbourhood.
I love this for a few reasons.
One: no need to wrestle with downtown traffic.
Two: FREE parking.
 (the parking cops are notorious for ticketing
and TOWING as you well know from a previous post)
Three: there's a real sense of community when a shop is in a residential area.
They even have a little coffee bar with locally roasted coffee!
Anyway, the shop is home to all things fibre...if you're in Victoria,
stop on by here
Weaving, spinning, knitting, felting.
If you need wool or roving, they've got it.
They also offer many great workshops.
So like a kid in a candy shop with my money itching in my hand to be spent,
I perused the bins of roving...just about drooling...
Here's a few of the colours I came home with...
You know how paint chips have all of these great names to entice you into
a certain feeling or mood for your walls?
I'd like to come up with a few for these colours...
Spring sky blue
Raspberry pie
High meadow wheat
Killarney hills green
Highland cow rust
Cream clouds
Goose beak yellow
Speaking of goose beaks...
Hey! What's she doing in there?...
(more on her later...)
So tis the season to be wooly.
I'm all set.
Happy Days!
 
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

Acornmoon said...

Those are the shopping trips that I love the most, coming home with a bag of creative supplies. Your harvest basket will keep you going for quite some time I am sure. I look forward to seeing what develops.

Ciara Brehony said...

Gorgeous colours, Kerry, and I especially love the names!

I do love this time of year, my fingers itch for projects by the fire.

farmlady said...

Oh, I want a store like this in my town. This makes me hungry for cooler weather so I can play with a basket of wool.