Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Bluebells...

Bluebells.
Hyacinthoides non-scripta.
 One of the prettiest spring flowers right now.
We've got them growing wild in places here and there and
 seeing their little purple faces opening up after the rain
cheers my soul...
Nothing says spring like the colour purple...little lavender bonnets, nodding in the sun...
We used to jump rope to this little song and I still sing it when I see these flowers...

Blue bells, cockleshells,
Easy, ivy, over.
I like coffee, I like tea,
I like the boys and the boys like me.

 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Such pretty photos of bluebells! Yes, they would be beautiful to watch as they open up. Love the color too!

Mairéad said...

These are really pretty. I especially like the mix of the pinkish/purple blooms with the traditional bloom. Our spring is so far behind, that there's no sign of them here yet.