Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Sunday, May 12, 2013

The dog ate my homework etc...

Excuses for being late...
I was innocently on my way to work when I spotted them...
...there they were, passively enjoying a misty mid-morning rest in the Woodside Farm field.
I only stopped for a minute or two to snap some photos...
Such domestic beauty was impossible to pass up and I found myself dodging
ditches, brambles and noxious broom just to capture but a few of the Jersey moods...
Before you knew it I was a tad late for work...just 5 minutes but Oh! so worth it!
 
“You were given life; it is your duty (and also your entitlement as a human being) to find something beautiful within life, no matter how slight.”
Elizabeth Gilbert
 


5 comments:

farmlady said...

"... it is your duty (and also your entitlement as a human being) to find something beautiful within life..."
So true, so true. I love this.
I always wanted a Jersey cow. I still want one. How could you not want to see that face everyday of your life?
Being late for work... worth it.

the wild magnolia said...

i am a lover of cows. they seem most always calm. they are soft and furry. they have long eyelashes and big brown eyes.

very good captures.

splendid quote.

thank you.

Unknown said...

Talk about stopping to "smell the roses"; you captured some wonderful images of those Jersey cows enjoying their peaceful surroundings. Very nice. Worth the five minutes!

Cobalt Violet said...

I had a very funny visual of you trying to get these shots! Totally worth it. What beauties. Cows in the Mists! :)

Mairéad said...

So glad you stopped. These cows are so beautiful with their big brown eyes.