Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Variations on a theme...

Bloodline TV Series Poster.jpg




Theme songs.
Especially tv series theme songs.
There's something strangely comforting about them.
Even as a kid, the opening music to 'Wild Kingdom' or 'Wonderful World of Disney'
brought you running to know that the show had just begun!
Some theme songs from shows like 'Hill Street Blues' or 'Cheers' will 
always remind me of my dad...they are some of his favourites.
I once watched the whole series of 'Lost' on DVD in about a week when I 
was down with a torn calf muscle and there, that music 
gave me some sense of comfort in my state of non movement.
And now we have Netflix to watch our faves at our leisure.
'Breaking Bad', 'The Bridge' (the foreign version) 'The Knick', 'Downton Abbey'
just to name a few.
We're watching 'Bloodline' right now and I love this opening them song
by Book of Fears...


3 comments:

Suz said...

torn calf muscle.....ouch!
I occasionally binge watch
did sex and the city one summer....
oh not really sex IN the city..the series [-(

kjsutcliffe said...

We are big fans of the Danish/Swedish version of The Bridge and are glued to the tv and love the theme tune. I agree that those tunes bring back memories - Happy New Year and here's to a peaceful 2016 x

Cobalt Violet said...

Torn calf muscle? Didn't even know that happened. Ugh. Sounds awful. I can't even handle a charlie horse.

Um, LOST? best show ever. LOVED that show and was totally obsessed. Also love Downton and so sad it's the last season. sigh.